Week 4, Post 2: Frequently Visited Websites



I do find myself online quite a bit, though it's mostly just google searching. The top website I find myself using the most is definitely Amazon, without a doubt. Amazon's website is effective because it is basically tailored to you as an individual. It keeps track of what you search for, what you like, and what you have purchased in the past. It knows what products to show you, and it does it in a fluid way. It also has a section to "purchase again" making it incredibly simple to click and buy things you may need again. Amazon's website is very simple, with an obvious search bar, engaging photos, and plenty of tabs. The color scheme is easy-going and appealing. I come back to Amazon again and again, mostly because they make it so incredible easy to shop (the 1-click purchase, with 1-2 day free shipping is so easy it's dangerous). They have all of my payment methods and addresses on file, and also have some of the most amazing customer service I have ever experienced. To improve their website, I would probably make the homepage a little less cluttered and repetitive. I usually use the app on my phone, but looking at the browser website, there are a lot of repeating products on my homepage, and it's kind of a lot to take in. 

Another website I find myself using is Indeed.com. Even when I am not actively seeking employment, I always have my eye on what is available. Indeed makes this incredibly simple, and is a very effective website because it has one job: to get you one. The layout is very simple, and the color scheme is limited, in a good way. They ask things like "where" and "what" and it just makes things very streamlined and efficient. I repeatedly go back to indeed because they make it very easy to apply for jobs, and they do it in a simplistic way. You can apply for a job in two clicks essentially, and they keep your resume on file and allow you to edit/update it as your skills change. They even notify you of new jobs that may relate to your interests. To improve the Indeed website, I might include more images. They are pretty blank when it comes to images on their website, though I get why images might not be relevant. Still, images are always engaging, and a relevant photo here or there might not hurt. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2: Overview of Social Media

Week 11, Post 1: Email Marketing

Week 16, Post 1: Planning Your Future Strategy