Week 1 First Post: Blog Template

Hello!

I have always wanted to start a blog, but never actually sat down and made it happen. I am excited that this class is opening that door for me, and forcing me to get creative again, through visuals and through writing.

For my blog, I chose the Contempo theme. I've customized it a bit - and will most likely be customizing further in the future - but I really liked it because of it's vintage feel. I really enjoy nature and scientific illustration, and feel like this one reminded me of that kind of style. I am also really drawn to the color red, so it is a good fit. It will be really fun to try and stick to a common theme with my blog posts throughout this class.

Overall, I am excited to find my creative voice again, as art school pretty much sucked the life right out of me. It will be nice to put myself out there again, forming ideas, engaging with people and writing creatively. I like the freedom that can be found with a blog and at the risk of sounding cliche, I think this is the beginning of a very beautiful friendship.

I am still fiddling around with all of the customization options on here, so stay tuned for further design modifications!



Comments

  1. Creativity and finding inspiration for it is a driving factor of an engaging and effective blog. Good to hear you found your inspiration again! Cool theme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angelica,

    Wow! Wow. Fell in love with the textures of the background and foreground images as soon as I saw them, and I don't even like ravens! This is a really contemporary look rivaling some of the most relevant blogs in the industry – keep up that artistry and I'll look forward to more of your content in the future!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2: Overview of Social Media

Week 3, Part 1: Communication - Business & Consumer